Thursday, December 2, 2010

forcing bulbs



Every year around Thanksgiving I always buy and force paper white bulbs. It is so easy to do and I love having them blooming all over the house at Christmas time. You can use almost any container and all you need beyond that is some small pebbles. I just get them from outside our house or driveway. You fill the container with rocks, nestle the bulbs in, and add a few more pebbles to hold them in place. Give them a drink of water and voila! The bottom picture was an amaryllis kit I found at Target for $10. I planted the bulb and added a pretty ribbon and gave it to someone as a hostess gift. This would also be a lovely Christmas gift for someone.
Last year I made a Paper white themed gift basket for a little girl. You can read more about it here.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!