Thursday, June 27, 2013

thanks a melon


Last night I had my last board meeting for my son's preschool.  I was co-president this year and wanted to do a little something to thank everyone for all of their efforts to volunteer for the school.  As I have mentioned before I love to make sugar cookies.  I already had some dough in the freezer so I quickly rolled it and cut it into the shapes of watermelons.  I frosted them with two colors and popped a round black sprinkle into the holes for "seeds."  I packaged them in white glassine bags which I stamped with "thanks a melon." These would also make darling end of year teacher gifts too.
I am finally feeling like my school year commitments are over and I am ready to start enjoying the summer.  We are leaving on Saturday for a week at the Cape. Besides celebrating the 4th of July with lobsters and fireworks, the next day my husband and I will be celebrating our ninth wedding anniversary!  You guys helped me pick a great movie for our seventh anniversary "Seven Year Itch" and last year I got "Dinner at Eight." Any good suggestions for our ninth?!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!