Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013

Wow! Christmas came fast this year and yet we still managed to cram all of our traditions into the short period of time.

We made homemade gingerbread houses and had fun decorating them. I use them as our centerpiece for Christmas eve and the children enjoy munching on them during dessert. We also make homemade hot fudge sauce and serve it over peppermint stick ice cream, just like my mom always did for me when I was little! Delicious.




My husband and I attended an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party which was lots of fun! I brought some coconut cupcakes and put them in some push up pops that I dressed in ugly sweater (ornaments) too.



 
The children got their new Christmas pajamas.
 
 
 
They wore them on the Polar Express!
 


We decorated sugar cookies for Santa!
 
 
 
And they made some reindeer food too. It was their own recipe which included shredded carrots, coconut, oatmeal and some glittery sugar sprinkles!
 
 


We made and delivered gift to our neighbors.
 
 
 
(Oreo cookie truffles with a chevron trey, wrapped in cellophane with a whisk attached and filled with Hershey kisses. The card said: "We Wisk you a Merry Kiss-Mas!")
 

 
(A rosemary tree with rosemary lemon sugar cookies attached and potted in a mercury glass container)
 
 
We made it to church on Christmas Eve and enjoyed presents and a traditional Irish breakfast on Christmas morning. The children played with their new toys.
 
 
 
 
 Later in the the afternoon we went over to my parents house for a delicious roast!  The kids opened more presents and enjoyed playing with their cousins. It was a lovely Christmas and one that I will always remember.  We will spend New Year's Eve with friends like we do every year. Check out the fun cookies I made for the party last year.
 
It's hard to believe it, but I am already switching gears and trying to plan my son's third birthday party which is only two weeks away! The good thing about the timing is that I can usually find some great deals for his birthday on all of the after Christmas sales!
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year too. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!