Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm dreaming of a "green" Christmas!


(photo courtesy of Martha Stewart)
Every year I pick a different theme for Christmas to help me focus and organize my ideas for presents. I am not strict about these themes. I use it as a general guideline, not as an "every single one of the gifts I buy has to fit into the theme" kind of thing. This year I chose a "green" Christmas. I will look for things that are Eco-friendly and made of recycled materials but, also, things that are the color green, or perhaps some lovely Christmas greenery. I adore these alphabet wreaths from Ballard Designs. A perfect gift for friends who have just married or moved into a new house. Or, what about one of these sets of adorable Market Totes from Vera Bradley? Good for the environment and the proceeds from the sales of these totes will help support Vera Bradley's $10,000 pledge to The Hunger Project.
In years past some of my themes have been "Twas the night before Christmas," "Eat, Drink & Be Merry" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside." I usually start thinking about my theme in the summer and like to get a majority of my shopping done before Thanksgiving. This is only because I really don't like shopping when it is crowded. Standing in long lines and not being able to find a parking place just doesn't appeal to me. I prefer to spend the time before Christmas wrapping presents, doing fun projects with my kids, going to holiday concerts and spending time with family and friends.
What will you be giving your loved ones this Christmas?



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!