Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kids Christmas Party











My husband and I threw an Open House party for our friends. Since we have children, and most of our friends do too, we wanted to make sure that we had activites and food that would allow everyone (big & small) to enjoy themselves. This post shares some of the things that we did to make sure our littlest friends felt special. We asked our guests to bring hats, mittens or a scarf to our party which we donated to our local women's and children's center. I used this old shutter and wooden clothespins to attach mitten cookies made by Art Girl Cookies. When guest arrived with their donations I instructed them to exchange them for the mitten cookies. For a special drink we offered out littlest friends a hot cocoa bar. I put out some cocoa powder, mini marshmallows, and chocolate/peppermint shavings in bowls, added a can of whipped cream (which I covered in red and white gingham paper) and some snowman mugs. In the basement I created a gingerbread wonderland... This included a miniature Christmas tree decorated with some of our pretend sweets from Pottery Barn Kids and a puppet theatre that I turned into a gingerbread house with brown craft paper, rickrack, and a construction paper roof. I put some miniature aprons and chef hats in the back along with some tiny cookie cutters, rolling pins, and cookie pans all for some pretend play. We also left some activities out for the kids like the game Candy Land, gingerbread men cookies to decorate and candy themed coloring pages. We also invited our little guests to bring their pajamas and we threw on some of our favorite Christmas movies. The party was a great success for big and small...in fact, I am not really sure who had more fun!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Everything at your party looks amazing. I love when the details are able to be seen. What fun you must have had.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!