Tuesday, August 10, 2010

alphabet adventures











Two years ago I thought it would be fun to start teaching my toddler about the alphabet. I choose one letter a week and we did activities and took field trips ( alphabet adventures) based on the letter. For "A" we went apple picking, stamped with apples, baked with apples, etc. For "B" it was a trip to the butterfly museum (notice the butterfly on my daughter's shoe). "C" was for cows and chickens at our local country fair and "D" was a trip to the dinosaur museum. I tied in books, cooking, and crafts and I think we both had a wonderful time. My son was just a few months old when we started, and so we never ended up making it through the whole alphabet. I didn't mind. Maybe some day I'll try to start it all over again or do a word of the week instead.
**I even used this idea for my Christmas gifts that year. Luke got a gift certificate to go see the lions at the zoo and Teaghan got a gift certificate to make a teddy bear. I also included small activities to go with the gifts. **
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This has to be the neatest thing to do with your kids! I have to say I never thought of this we are going to try this out. Thank you so much for the idea ~ Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!