Monday, September 27, 2010

welcome fall


It's officially fall! That means that it is time for our local county fair where we enjoy taking rides on the Ferris wheel and playing with baby goats.

(photo courtesy of Barnes & noble)
The fair inspired us to start reading our very first chapter book. My daughter is enjoying listening to it as much as I am enjoying reading to her.

(photo courtesy of family fun)
We also made some of these mini caramel apples as a treat for my daughters pre-school. The directions can be found here. I wanted to make them with caramel instead of the suggested chips. Since regular caramel won't stick to the apples I used sheets of caramel (you can find them near the apples at most grocery stores). I cut them into circles using a cookie cutter before folding them around the apples. They came out cute and the kids loved them!
What are you doing to celebrate this glorious season?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. My children loved Charlotte's Web. In fact we have even read it twice- once with the book and once on cd as we headed to the county fair in Maine!

    I made those mini apples a few years ago and they were so fun!

    I love fall and am looking forward to pumpkins, costumes, cider and cozy blankets!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!