Monday, February 14, 2011

dino-mite









If you have been following my blog for a while you'll remember that on Valentine's Day we like to take our kids on a field trip. Since Valentines Day is all about spending time with the ones you love I figure why not do something fun together as a family. We call it our "Valentine Adventure." In the past we've made teddy bears and last year we went ice skating. This year was all about dinosaurs. We decided to go on our adventure yesterday since my husband didn't have to go to work and my daughter was home from school. When the kids woke up they came down and found the word "dinosaur" on the wall. Since my children aren't reading yet I put little red hearts with clues on each of the letters to help them figure out what it said. On the "D" was the word "Dan" for "Dino Dan" a show they like to watch. On the letter "R" was the word reptile. I think my daughter figured out what the word spelled by the time we got to the clue on the letter "S." It was fun watching her take the clues and read the word. After we got dressed we headed to a local dinosaur museum to see real tracks that were found right here in Ct. You can see in the picture above the kids are following the painted dinosaur tracks on the sidewalk into the museum. I continued the theme for the boys Valentine presents as well. My toddler got the book "How do Dinosaurs Say I Love You" along with a stuffed dinosaur holding a heart and the baby got some red dinosaur slippers. We all had a wonderful time at the museum and learned more about dinosaurs. I hope that all of you have a wonderful Valentines day filled with lots of love and adventure!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!