Friday, August 30, 2013

back to school

I thought I'd share some photos from our back to school dinner/first day of school. We had our traditional back to school dinner with homemade alphabet soup, letter breadsticks, and pencil push up pops.  We used the chalkboard placemats that the children made earlier in the week and I hung their new backpacks on the backs of their chairs and put a few small gifts inside their lunchboxes.



The next morning I had bought alphabits cereal for a quick, but fun breakfast.  We didn't really care for them, but did have fun looking at all of the letters in our bowls!  Then we took lots of pictures.



We put heart tattoos on the children's hands to hold our kisses and represent the "kissing hand." Thanks for that great idea, Krista!!!


And got the mini apple pies ready for their teachers.


And then we put them on the bus.  Sniff.  Sniff.  I thought it would be a fun treat to make them some homemade chocolate chip cookies for when they got home so we could sit and they could tell me all about their day.  I drew a message for them on the driveway that pointed the way to their treat.  They came off the bus with huge smiles and my son said: "school wasn't long, it was awesome!"  All in all I was over the moon happy that they had a great day and made a smooth transition to a new school year.



Now we are going to relax and have some fun over this long weekend!  I hope that you all have a fun and safe weekend too. Thanks for stopping by.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!