Thursday, May 16, 2013

the gift of an ordianry day

I recently came across this video clip, which is an excerpt from the book "The Gift of an Ordinary Day" by Katrina Kenison.  It makes me cry every time I watch it.  It got me thinking that I need to celebrate the gift of perfectly ordinary days.  After receiving a new camera for my birthday last year, one of my newest hobbies is photography. I love to take pictures and pick up my camera every day.  I thought that this is how I can capture the gifts of ordinary days.  I don't wait for holidays or special occasions to snap photos, I take them of everything that inspires me, food, flowers, the beach and always my children.  Just yesterday, my kids were outside playing and I grabbed my camera and took these shots. My son had been showing his sister what he had learned at preschool that morning; how to paint and color with dandelions!  Such a sweet and ordinary experience that I was able to capture on film.  The pictures are a gift to myself of a perfectly ordinary day.  "The memories I find myself sifting through the past to find, the ones I'd give anything now to relive, are the ones that no one ever thought to photograph, the ones that came and went as softly as a breeze on a summer afternoon."  May your days, even the ordinary, be memory making.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!