Tuesday, February 16, 2010

snow fun!
















In Connecticut we woke up to more snow this morning! I know some parents are dreading another snow day so I thought I would share some fun things to do with your kids with all of this white stuff. I put some water and food coloring in bottles and let my kids paint the snow. They had a blast squirting different colors together on the fluffy white canvas and I think were secretly channeling their inner Jackson Pollack. Another fun activity is to make colored ice cubes and hide them in the snow. I used red food coloring and made heart shaped ice cubes. I hid them outside and let my kids search for them. For both of these activities all you need is some fresh snow, food coloring and water. Inexpensive and fun. How do you have fun in the snow?


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. When we were kids, we put food coloring in spray bottles and made each ball of our snowman a different color. My kids like it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea! I know my 7 year old will love this, thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!