Tuesday, March 23, 2010

easter egg hunt



I had planned to do an Easter Egg Hunt outside....But, it was April in New England and it rained.
Instead, I hid the eggs in our living room and let the children choose what color they wanted to look for. I gave each child a metal pail filled with paper shred and decorated with ribbon in the same color as the eggs they were searching for and pointed them towards our living room. The kids enjoyed looking for their eggs and since they only had to find one color it made it a lot easier for everyone involved. Since Easter was the day after the party (and I knew that the kids would be getting a ton of candy the next day) I decided to fill the eggs with craft supplies instead. I found mini craft punches for a dollar at Michael's, stickers, confetti, tiny rubber stamps, etc. I did include one small bag of jelly beans with a note attached that read "thanks for "bean" here today to celebrate my birthday. " If you are hosting a large gathering for an Easter Egg hunt this year you might think about using this idea of color coding the eggs to ensure that everyone gets the same amount.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Your daughter's party sounds like it is going to be really cute! I bet the kids will love their favors!

    hugs!
    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I hope to copy it in the future.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!