Saturday, March 13, 2010

st. patrick's day menu

Most Americans enjoy eating Corned Beef & Cabbage on St. Patrick's Day. In Ireland they have something similar that they call Bacon & Cabbage- but, Corned Beef and Cabbage would not be a traditional meal to eat on St. Patrick's Day. I thought I would share our menu for St. Patrick's Day this year. To start we are going to have brown bread with smoked salmon. For the main course, I am making Avoca's recipe for Shepard's Pie and will be serving it with a simple green salad. And for dessert...Irish Cream Rice Pudding. I like to set a table that is both simple and elegant and that has a mix of formal and casual. I have some bells of Ireland in a crystal vase and have pulled out my Irish linen napkins. This year my husbands sister will be visiting us from Ireland, so I wanted our table and menu to be extra special. What will you be serving for St. Patrick's Day this year? I would love to hear about your recipes and menu.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!