Tuesday, March 2, 2010

tea time

(photo courtesy of the Shelbourne Dublin)
If you have ever been to someones house in Ireland I am confident that you were offered a cup of tea. And, even if you said no, they would have told you "oh go on" until you politely obliged. Tea is a major part of the Irish culture. The kettle is always on and Irish people definitely have a favorite type. My husband will only drink Barry's, preferably from the red box. Whenever I am in Dublin I love to go to the Shelbourne for high tea, located right on St. Stephens Green. My 5 sister-in-law's brought me there for the first time eight years ago and I have been hooked ever since. My husband and I even considered having our wedding reception there but decided the country was a better fit for the style and feel we wanted. But, I did have my bridesmaids tea there before our wedding! I hope that if you ever have a chance to visit Dublin, Ireland that you will stop by the Shelbourne for an afternoon cup of tea and that you will love it as much as I do.

Below is a description of the tea room from the hotel's website, which can be found here:

Lord Mayor's Lounge
"Timeless elegance in a luxurious setting, the lounge offers the perfect opportunity for quiet discussions and deep thoughts, all enjoyed around the aroma of the freshest whole leaf tea. Famous for serving Dublin's only true Afternoon Tea experience. "


Doesn't that sound inviting? I have not been back since The Shelbourne was bought by Marriott, but I am heading to Ireland in May and will certainly have to make a stop there to check it out.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!