Sunday, June 5, 2011

the food & table







To keep things simple we decided to order pizza for dinner.  I also served some construction cones (baby carrots) and stop lights (watermelon, cantaloupe, and green grapes on skewers) for the kids.  I found construction cone sippy cups that we filled with water, personalized with stickers, and placed  on each plate.  One of my favorite details from the party was the snacks that we served in "Mack" the hauler truck.  For the grown ups I made two green salads and a pasta salad to accompany the pizza.  We also served a few different appetizers and a signature cocktail: the sidecar which is pictured above.  I also made my own tablecloth with some racing flag fabric.  I love parties where I am able to do all of the prepping of food ahead of time so I can enjoy my company at the party.  That was this kind of a party. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!